We here at Widener English and Creative Writing are very excited to get back in the classroom—to meet new majors and minors and greet returning ones. There are already a number of exciting activities on the horizon, and we encourage you to stay in touch and get involved.
Below you can find a run-down of everything on our events calendar. In the meantime, seek out opportunities at our literary magazines The Blue Route and Widener Ink, our digital-first student-run media site The Blue & Gold, our theatre company Lone Brick Theatre, and our undergraduate research opportunities in digital humanities and textual scholarship. We are here to help, with everything from courses to careers, and we look forward to seeing you on the third floor of Kapelski!
Save the dates:
- English and Creative Writing majors and minors opening meeting: September 6, noon, KLC 339 (pizza will be served!)
- State Street Reading Series: September 21, 7pm, Media Art Gallery (more info here!)
- Fall Faculty Lecture: Dr. Daniel Robinson on the Shelleys: September 28, 3:30pm, UC Room F
- Ken Pobo Poetry Reading: October 5, 4pm, Widener Art Gallery (to be confirmed)
- Open Mic: October 19, 7pm, LC 1
- Reading: Distinguished Visiting Writer Stephanie Powell Watts: November 15 at 4pm (learn more about her work here!)